Whether carved on ancient tombs, incorporated into medieval art, or tattooed on 21st-century bodies, symbols have always played an important role in the Christian religion.
- Christian Symbols CD-ROM and Book. Dover Publications, 2004.
- Ferguson, George. Signs and Symbols in Christian Art: With Illustrations from Paintings from the Renaissance. Oxford University Press, USA, 1965.
- Klein, Patricia S.. Worship Without Words: The Signs and Symbols of Our Faith. Paraclete Press, 2006.
- Taylor, Richard. How to Read a Church: A Guide to Symbols and Images in Churches and Cathedrals. HiddenSpring, 2005.
- Whittemore, Carroll E.. Symbols of the Church. Abingdon Press, 1987.
- Williamson, Beth. Christian Art: A Very Short Introduction . .