Just the facts on the world's religions.
Religion—or at least religious inquiry—is something that virtually everyone has in common. In all corners of the world and in all eras of history, humans have wondered about the origins of the universe, the purpose of life, what it means to be human, and what happens after death. The goal of ReligionFacts is to provide objective and reliable information—“just the facts”—on the many answers that have been given to these questions. This very broad goal means that we cover a wide variety of religions, belief systems, and world views—the grounds for a group's inclusion are only that it offers an explanation of ultimate reality or the purpose of life and has (or had) a significant number of followers. Not sure where to start? Try our famous Big Religion Chart or explore the features below.
- Pope Francis names two Palestinian nuns as Catholic saints May 17, 2015
- New Photo Book Explores Places the Dead Don’t Rest May 15, 2015
- 5 Faith Facts About Presidential Candidate Carly Fiorina: ‘What You Make Of Yourself Is Your Gift To God' May 4, 2015
- Reuters: China lodges protest with U.S. after religious freedom report May 4, 2015
- Morocco’s Islamic women preachers lead social revolution May 19, 2015
- Politics as Religious Experience May 13, 2015
- 5 Faith Facts About Presidential Canditate Ben Carson, Retired Neurosurgeon Who Separated Conjoined Twins May 4, 2015
- Muted Celebrations Of Buddha's Birthday In Nepal Show Lasting Grief After Earthquake May 4, 2015
- A Sikh Sermon at the Pentagon: "Seva: The Call of Our Times" May 4, 2015
- 300,000 South Korean Buddhists Pray For Peace And Reunification With The North May 19, 2015