Just the facts on the world's religions.
Religion—or at least religious inquiry—is something that virtually everyone has in common. In all corners of the world and in all eras of history, humans have wondered about the origins of the universe, the purpose of life, what it means to be human, and what happens after death. The goal of ReligionFacts is to provide objective and reliable information—“just the facts”—on the many answers that have been given to these questions. This very broad goal means that we cover a wide variety of religions, belief systems, and world views—the grounds for a group's inclusion are only that it offers an explanation of ultimate reality or the purpose of life and has (or had) a significant number of followers. Not sure where to start? Try our famous Big Religion Chart or explore the features below.
- Reuters: China lodges protest with U.S. after religious freedom report May 4, 2015
- 5 Faith Facts About Presidential Canditate Ben Carson, Retired Neurosurgeon Who Separated Conjoined Twins May 4, 2015
- 17-Year-Old Makes the First-Ever Charge From an Orthodox Yeshiva to West Point April 29, 2015
- Scientists and Religious Leaders Discuss Climate Change at Vatican April 29, 2015
- Muted Celebrations Of Buddha's Birthday In Nepal Show Lasting Grief After Earthquake May 4, 2015
- Al Jazeera: Campaigning to reform Pakistan’s deadly blasphemy law April 28, 2015
- 5 Faith Facts About Presidential Candidate Carly Fiorina: ‘What You Make Of Yourself Is Your Gift To God' May 4, 2015
- Responding to Suffering by Counting the Omer May 2, 2015
- BBC: Charlie Hebdo’s Luz quits Muhammad cartoons April 29, 2015
- Texas Police Kill Gunmen at Exhibit Featuring Cartoons of Muhammad May 4, 2015