The Darshanas are Hindu sacred texts that consist of varying attempts to develop and systematize the Vedas. They are thus considered manuals of philosophy.
The six Darshana sutras are:
- Brahma Sutra - Vedanta philosophy of Sage Vyasa
- Mimamsa Sutra - Philosophy of rites and rituals of Sage Jaimini
- Nyaya Sutra - Logical analysis of Sage Gautama
- Vaisheshika Sutra - Atomic philosophy of Sage Kanada
- Sankya Sutras - Sankya philosophy of Sage Kapila
- Yoga Sutras - Yoga philosophy of Sage Patanjali