Religion in England
Religion in England Fast Facts
Links go to the ReligionFacts main page for that religion.
- Christian (Anglican, Roman Catholic, Presbyterian, Methodist) 71.6%
- Muslim 2.7%
- Hindu 1%
- Other 1.6%
- Unspecified or none 23.1%
Summary of Religion in England
Christianity has dominated the religious landscape in England for centuries.
Previous to that, the area's inhabitants practiced various forms of polytheism via the Celts or Romans or others.
The Anglican Church is the established church in England and is interwoven into English culture by means of government, holidays, architecture, art, music, and other various national customs and traditions.
England has a growing number of Muslims, which is a part of the English population that is expected to grow in the future.
Hindus, Jews, and Buddhists are present in England in small numbers.
Wiccans and other pagans are also present, though few in number.
Links for Religion in England
- Christian Beliefs
- Christianity Fast Facts
- Christian denominations comparisons chart
- Catholic / Protestant comparison chart
- Christianity / Islam comparison chart
- All religion comparison chart
Retun to Religion by Country index page.