Eckankar is a new religious movement based on a 19th-century Indian tradition called Sant Mat, which centers around surat shabd yoga, "yoga of the sound current." Eckankar focuses on spritual exercises enabling practitioners to experience "the Light and Sound of God."
References & Sources
- - Eckankar.org - Official Eckankar Website.
- "Eckankar." John R. Hinnels, ed., The Penguin Dictionary of Religions, 2nd ed. (Penguin Books, 1997).
- John Gordon Melton, "ECKANKAR." Encyclopædia Britannica, 2005).
Official and Primary Sources
- Eckankar.org - official website of Eckankar
- Articles by Harold Klemp - on the official website
- ECKANKAR (ECK) - Encyclopedia Britannica
- Eckankar - Internet Encyclopedia of Religion
- Eckankar - Wikipedia
- The Unauthorized Eckankar Page
- Eckankar Survivors Anonymous - Yahoo Groups
- Eckankar - Christian Apologetics & Research Ministry (CARM)
- Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad, Book I John Paul Twitchell
- Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad, Book II John Paul Twitchell
- The Language of Soul: Keys to Living a More Meaningful Life Harold Klemp
- The Cosmic Sea of Worlds: The Eckankar Lexicon Harold Klemp
- Past Lives, Dreams, and Soul Travel Harold Klemp
- Animals are Soul too! Harold Klemp