Links on Christianity and Homosexuality
Homosexuality is a complex issue, and so is responding to it in light of the Bible and traditional Christian faith. There is no one "Christian position" on homosexuality. Views and policies regarding homosexuality differ across denominations, churches, and individual Christians.
Some condemn homosexuality as a grave sin, some don't take a specific position one way or the other, and a few churches ordain practicing homosexuals to the ministry. The following links provide more information on Christian views and practices regarding homosexuality.
Denominational Position Statements
- Catechism of the Catholic Church on Homosexuality
- Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America on Homosexuality
- Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod on Homosexuality
- Evangelical Lutheran Church in America on Homosexuality
- Presbyterian Church (USA) on Homosexuality
- United Methodist Church on Homosexuality
- Wesleyan Church on Homosexuality
- International Anglican Communion on Homosexuality
- Church of England on Homosexuality
- Southern Baptist Convention on Homosexuality
- Uniting Church of Australia on Sexuality and Leadership
- United Church of Christ Paper on Same-Sex Marriage
Christian Organizations for Homosexuals and Ex-Homosexuals
- Exodus International
"Proclaiming Freedom from Homosexuality since 1976."
- Justice and Respect
"Conservative Christians for a Just and Respectful Response to those who experience same-sex attraction."
"The Church needs to embrace & support the GLBTQ community, not despite scripture and tradition, but because of it."