Marah in the Old Testament or Hebrew Bible
Marah was the first camp of the Israelites after the passage of the Red Sea (Ex 15:23; Nu 33:8 f).
The name is derived from the bitterness of the brackish water. Moses cast a tree into the waters which were thus made sweet (Ex 15:23).
- Return to Bible Places index page.
- Go to Christian biography index page.
- Go to Christianity beliefs index page.
- Go to Christian denominations index page.
- Go to Christian comparison charts index page.
International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, which is in the public domain (with minor edits).