Chinese Religious Symbols
Chinese religion is rich with symbolism. The most well-known Chinese religious symbol is the yin-yang, which is especially associated with Taoism.
Feasting is central to Chinese religious practice, and most foods have a symbolic meaning and ceremonial importance. Some examples include:
- mandarin oranges are a symbol of wealth and good fortune
- Red Jujubes (also called "Chinese Dates") are a symbol of prosperity
- whole steamed fish are a symbol of long life and good fortune
- uncut noodles are a symbol of longevity
- baked goods with seeds are a symbol of fertility