Definitions of terms related to Baha'i Faith.
This glossary of Baha'i Faith provides definitions of terms related to Baha'i Faith, with links to full articles where available.
- (Arabic, "Glory of God"). (1817-92) Title adopted by Mírzá Husayn-'Alí, founder of the Bahá'í Faith.
- Greatest Name
- One of the main symbols of the Bahá'í Faith, a calligraphized Arabic rendering of Yá Bahá'ul 'Abhá ("O Glory of the Most Glorious").
- One of the main symbols of the Bahá'í Faith, it is named for its common use on Bahá'í rings. It consists of two stars (representing the "twin manifestations" of the Báb and Bahá'u'lláh) interspersed with a stylized Bahá’ (Persian for "Glory").
- Universal House of Justice
- The supreme ruling body of the Bahá'í Faith, headquartered in Haifa, Israel. Its nine members are elected every five years. Bahá'ís regard its judgments as divinely guided and authoritative.