Neither ancient Norse religion nor modern Asatru is predominantly text-based, but Norse myths are beautifully preserved in two Icelandic epics called the Eddas.
- Barrett, David B., George Thomas Kurian, and Todd M. Johnson (eds.). “Iceland.” The World Christian Encyclopedia: A Comparative Survey of Churches and Religions in the Modern World. Oxford University Press.
- Hinnells, John R. (ed.). Penguin Dictionary of Religions. London: Penguin Books, 1997.
- Polomé, Edgar Charles; E.O.G. Turville-Petre. “Germanic religion and mythology.” Encyclopaedia Britannica Online. Web. Accessed 22 Nov. 2016.
- Rev. Patrick "Jordsvin" Buck. “Asatru, An Ancient Religion Reborn.” Irminsul Ættir. Web. Accessed 22 Nov. 2016.
- “Heathenry (new religious movement).” Wikipedia. Web. Accessed 22 Nov. 2016.